About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2007

This years bragging rights!

I don't know how I forgot to write a post about bragging rights...especially after my Tigers pulled out the win. I have always thought a blowout was more painful for the losing team than losing by 2 or 3 points, but this weekend Anthony posed a different perspective which really made me think.

I am definitely a fan of a blowout...like Clemson's 63-17 victory over USC several years ago, but the truth is, Anthony is right! I'm sure it was much more painful for Carolina fans Saturday as their hopes of a win were dashed as the kick was up and good as time expired. Just as we danced around the den excited about our win. It was suspensful, and much more exciting than a 63-17 victory. I have always said a win is a win...whether it's by 1 point or 100, but I have changed my mind and I really think a 1 point victory is definitely more painful than 100!

So, Clemson has once again reclaimed the bragging rights for the year, and I'm super glad they did! I will always bleed orange, regardless of the outcome, but victory certainly is sweet! :) The Carolina fans in my office are awfully quiet today...hehehe...and I'm going to leave it at that. There is no need to rub it in, they are well aware of the final score!

All I can say is GO TIGERS!! It wasn't your best game ever, but it's still a W on the schedule, and ultimately that's all that matters!

No comments: