About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting Crafty

Last night I got to work on something I have needed to do for a while. It was my first attempt at a homemade card. Well, my first unassisted attempt. I have made cards before...but it's usually at One Scrappy Chick when they give you everything you need plus a pattern. This time it was all me...and I'm not sure that was a good thing! I got to use my new Cuttlebug...which is a whole different story. Sometimes I think things out ahead of time...and then fail to carry them out. A perfect example of this would be that I was only going to emboss half of the cardstock...but when I got the Cuttlebug out I totally forgot that and embossed the whole thing. Now imagine me trying to write over the embossing!

Just a note to the recipient...yes, my handwriting is always bad...but the embossing made it worse, so if you can't read it, I won't be surprised. I hope you like my effort anyway!

Then I tried something I saw on Creating Keepsakes. Using beads to create a shape on your project. I recently found some beads that I had in high school...I'm supposing I made Jewelry with them, but I honestly don't remember. I was quickly reminded that with such beads it is important to have a very thin needle otherwise they won't fit over the eye...I had forgotten that I ran into that problem before!

Anyway, it turned out ok...not the spectacular vision I had (partially because most of the colored beads were too small) but all in all I think it was a good first attempt. I'll post a picture of the card after I'm sure the recipient has gotten it!

I have to say though, I had a lot of fun making it, and I think I'm going to make it a regular practice from now on. I have my scrapbook supplies, and I'm going to have to build up a card making supply of paper as well! :)

No comments: