About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, November 26, 2007

And the Winner is...

ALEXA!!!

Over the past week or so, Alexa has developed a rash on her chin...I'm not exactly sure what caused it, but I'm fairly certain that her paci has exacerbated the situation because the area is constantly wet. So, yesterday Pop suggested that we try and keep paci away from her in hopes that it would help the rash dry up.

We are officially 24 hours paci free!!! I can't tell you how excited I am. Yesterday she didn't even act like she missed paci, but I was still a little bit worried about it. I wasn't sure how we were going to get through the night without it.

At bedtime we simply went about our routine just like we always do, and she went down without a problem. It was really cute because after 15 or 20 minutes we could hear her in the other room talking and singing to herself. She never offered to cry though! I decided that I would put her paci in my room in case she woke up so I could take it with me and potentially soothe her back to sleep with it, man was I shocked when I awoke to the sound of my alarm and not the sound on Alexa!

I am SO SO SO proud of her...it's a really big deal to give up her paci without a fight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we have won this battle yet, but we are definitely well on our way! She didn't even fuss in the car on the way to daycare this morning...once again, she surprised me!

I told her teacher at daycare that her backup was still in her bag, but that we wanted to try and not give it to her! We will see how she does today, but regardless I am still proud that she has now gone over 24 hours without her paci. My baby is growing up way too fast!

No comments: