About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Attitude

As I sit here on New Years Day reflecting on 2008 I am determined that 2009 is going to be my best year yet! 2008 was a great year for us. So many things have changed in the last year and I am really excited when I think about everything God has done.

One of the biggest changes for me was finding a new church. I have always gone to the church I grew up in...sure there were times I didn't go, but for the most part I have always been there. At some point that changed. I felt God telling me He had somewhere else I needed to be, I just didn't know where. I am not really the type to do things by myself...especially when it comes to visiting a new church. So, for Easter in 2008 Jodi & Brad invited the whole family to come to the service at NewSpring. I have been to some powerful services, but never one like that. I spent a good part of the service in tears and I could just feel God telling me I needed to be there.

If you know me at all, you know I am not a morning person, but Sunday is a different story. I look forward to NewSpring every week. After the first Saturday night service at Easter I became a regular attender. Then a few weeks later I joined the church. Originally I wasn't sure about moving my membership, but when you consider I knew God wanted me to be there, it didn't make sense to wait. I haven't looked back since. I started working with the Student Ministry at the Anderson campus over the summer, and even went to The Gauntlet in July. Then I got to help launch the Greenville campus in July and have been there ever since. I have never enjoyed church more than I do now. The best is yet to come!

My most recent step at NewSpring was to join a home group. I have met some of the greatest girls this way. My home group is amazing, and I am so thankful for them. We are really developing some strong bonds and great friendships are forming as well. I can't wait to see what is going to happen over the next year as we continue to grow closer to God as a group.

I also got a new job in 2008, and it has proven to be the change I needed! I became a hospital employee on April 14th, and as a result I changed offices. I have actually been at the hospital for a little over 2 years now, but because I was a contract employee the benefits were horrible. Now, not only do I have better benefits, Alexa has a new daycare. I was a bit hesitant to move her at first, but the truth is it only made sense. Now we are in the same building and she has the sweetest teachers. I am so glad I made the decision to move her when I did! She is also taking dance at the daycare which is nice as well.

2008 was a great year for us, and I am so excited as we look forward to 2009. I have been thinking about the goals I have for this year, and the goals I set for last year. I think one of my problems with goals is vision. I set goals, and I typically think they are attainable, but when they are out of my line of vision I totally forget about them. So to try and keep up with my goals this year I'm going to do monthly updates.

As I was reading Lindsey's blog today I got to thinking about the resolutions, scratch that, goals I have for 2009. So for now I'm going to post my major goals, and then in a separate post I'm going to break them down into specific steps needed to achieve them.

Be more organized
Be more intentional
Be a better mommy
Spend more time reading the bible
Eat better/exercise more
Get my finances in order

What goals do you have for 2009?

No comments: