About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lazy Day

I start every Saturday with the intention of doing lots of things...typically they aren't extremely important, but things I want to accomplish nonetheless. I don't know why I seem to have such a problem just doing the things I want to do. I started thinking about it today, and this is the conclusion I have drawn.

All throughout the week I get up early and rush around getting ready so I make sure I am at work on time. Sunday is the same thing because we need to be at church early too. Obviously I'm not complaining about either of these. I am super thankful (especially in this economy) to have a good job, and I love NewSpring and everything that God is doing there...but sometimes you just need to relax. Saturday has become my day to do that.

I really wish I could find a way to have the best of both worlds...but somehow that just hasn't happened yet. There are so many things to consider...naptime, potty training, and the necessary cleaning that needs to happen. When I don't get home most nights until close to 6pm, how am I supposed to get anything done during the week so I don't have to spend my weekends doing them?

I just don't know. I wish I knew the answers, but I haven't quite gotten that far yet. I really am trying to make more of an effort these days, and I want to be more intentional about things as well...hopefully one day I'll be able to say that my weekends are restful and spent having fun. Until then, I'll continue trying to find ways to maximize my time, and minimize my stress. I hope you are enjoying your Saturday! I know I am :)

No comments: