About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Soy

After my weekend with Lindsey I decided to give soy a try. Now, don't get me wrong, I haven't jumped in with both feet...I have my baby toe in the pool! Last night I went to the grocery store, and among other things I bought some soy creamer for my coffee. I have to say I was a bit disappointed with the variety they had, but I found some french vanilla so that was better than nothing. Well, this morning I gave it a shot...I have to say I could taste a difference, but I'm not sure if it was really the soy or just the difference in flavor. All in all it wasn't bad, so I'll probably continue to use it...at least until this carton runs out. I am seriously considering contacting International Delight and asking why they don't have any soy creamers, because they have all kinds of flavors that I just love!

I am also officially back to my healthy eating...that isn't to say that I have gained any weight back, or that I have been eating a lot of bad stuff, it's just that I haven't been doing as well as I could. I still have a few pounds I would like to lose, and they certainly aren't going anywhere with my current trend. So, I had to make a change!

Last night I purchased several lean cuisines to have for lunch, and I am going to pair those with a yummy salad. Unfortunately today I forgot to bring a lean cuisine so I will be having just a salad...LOL! I am also trying something new for breakfast. When we first started on low carb I brought one egg and one egg white for breakfast every morning along with a piece of ww toast. After several months that started to bore me, so I switched to deviled eggs. Until recently that was working, and then at some point I just needed a change.

Sondra (the girl who sits next to me) told me she has been making omelets in the morning...but the technique is different. So, I decided to give it a try. You take a freezer bag and add to it anything you want in your omelet. I used fresh spinach and then sautéed onions, mushrooms, and garlic. I also put in just a bit of cracked pepper, garlic salt, and seasoning salt. Then you beat up your eggs just like you are going to cook them and pour them into the bag. Mix all your ingredients together, then seal your bag and place in the fridge. When I got up this morning I put a pot of water on to boil and after it came to a boil I turned the heat down and dropped my bag in the water. Then all you have to do is wait a few minutes until your eggs are cooked through. Instant omelet!

I took it out of the bag when I got to work and had an egg sandwich for breakfast. Super easy!  Hopefully my new venture will turn into lasting habits, and it will help me lose these last couple of pounds. Now, I just need to find a way to get some exercise in and I will be good to go!

I hope you all are having a WONDERFUL week!!

5 comments:

Haley said...

That egg thing is SO cool, I am going to have to try that one! I am ALWAYS looking for easy ways to eat breakfast!

Autumn said...

Me too Haley...and with low carb it's kind of hard sometimes!! LOL...the eggs were good this morning!

Meredith said...

That is one terrific idea.

Jackie said...

I learned that trick at the beach last year when I went with the happy trails group. BE SURE to use a Freezer bag and not just a regular zip lock bag. Just ask ME what happens if you use a regular bag...hey it's me, what did ya expect. ha ha ha

Mimi said...

Thanks for the laugh, Jackie!! I'll have to give this a try - I, like Autumn, got burned out on the hard boiled eggs. Now I'm starting to get tired of my oatmeal & apple each morning :(