About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Friday, February 22, 2008

...And that makes 3!

Last night was not a fun night to go to school. I typically don't mind going (ok that's probably a stretch, I don't DREAD going) but last night with the weather so rainy and cold I really didn't want to go. Especially to my cisco class because it is always so trying! Anyway, my P&S professor let us out early and I really wanted some coffee to warm me up so I decided to run to Starbucks. Normally I wouldn't do that, but since I've given up dairy I needed something with soy in it instead...and you can't get that just anywhere! I treated myself to a soy venti caramel macchiato, and it was so yummy! I can totally see how you could get addicted to going by there every morning! Obviously it would be a bit expensive, but I can tell you as I drink my regular coffee with rice creamer that it was definitely worth it! I wouldn't do it every day, but it would be a nice treat once in a while!

Speaking of soy...I am really enjoying the lack of dairy in my life...minus the cheese of course. That seems to be the one thing I REALLY miss! LOL...oh well! I have my rice milk, and all my soy products, it's great. Not to mention that I'm losing a few extra pounds as a result! YIPPEE!

On to the reason for today's post...I finished another scrapbook page last night. I have tried to work on a couple lately, and they just won't come together for me. I have a lack of inspiration where some of the pictures are concerned. That's not to say that I don't love the pictures, some of them are my favorite pictures...and maybe that's the problem! I want to make sure they have the perfect title and colors, so I'm trying too hard and therefore I just can't get started. Anyway, the spread I did last night is just too sweet! When you see it you will know exactly why I was so inspired to work on it. It makes me smile when I think of all the special people Alexa has in her life. So many people love that little girl, and it makes a mommy very happy!

Anyone who sees these two together can tell immediately how much he loves her! You can't help but smile when you watch them play...it is just too sweet! I am so glad she has her Uncle Jerry to spend time with her, they definitely share something special. Jerry was probably one of the first people to hold Alexa after she was born...after me, her daddy, and Mimi of course! He always gives Mimi a hard time and says that she didn't even want to hold her own children that much! LOL...and of course we both say, that's because when they are yours you have them all night! He held Alexa every minute he could at the hospital...I honestly believe that until I had been home for a week by myself with Alexa that he had spent more time holding her than I had. He is truly a blessing in our lives, and we are so thankful to have him! I don't think anyone could disagree with the title of this page...she definitely has his heart!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You are so lucky to come from a wonderful, loving family! Continue to pass that love on to Alexa.

Autumn said...

We truly are blessed!