About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's not all about me??

Ok, so seriously I already know that...but isn't it easy to forget? This morning as I was doing my study for the day in Experiencing God I was totally convicted by this statement, "The focus should be on God, it's not about your life." WOW! I had to take a minute to think about that one because I know I stay wrapped up in my own life a good bit of the time. I am trying to rework my focus so it doesn't include my life...so it is totally focused on His will. Definitely not an easy thing to do.

Just wanted to share my inspiration for the day...hope you all have an equally wonderful Tuesday!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

That's a hard one for me too, maybe we can remind each other! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it! The most convicting thing I remember from the teen version of that study (and we're talking 12-14 years ago) has stuck with me forever: When we pray it's not even, "Lord, show me your will for my life." It should just be, "Lord, show me your will and allow me to find a place to meet you in your work."
Now THAT is something that kicks my tail on a daily basis!