About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fantasy Furniture for my Future Home

In an effort to curb my decorating appetite for the moment I have decided to start browsing furniture stores and taking note of the things I like. This should help appease me for now. For whatever reason I have recently been bitten by the decorating bug...it's probably Meredith's fault because she has posted such cute pictures of her fall decorating, and since I don't have a house to decorate YET, I'm going to add fantasy pictures to my blog. This will give me ideas for my future house, and it should help me come up with a reasonable budget for when I decide to go furniture shopping. Now, please don't take this post the wrong way...I am in no way saying that I am planning to move out anytime soon, or that I am unhappy living with my parents. I love them very much, and I am extremely grateful that they have allowed me to move back in with them. It is giving me a chance at a fresh start, and I plan on taking full advantage of it! I am however, saying this is not a long term solution to my living situation, and therefore I am looking to the future when I will be able to buy a house! :)
Now mama, I know what you are thinking...and yes I will help you decorate your house, but it's just not the same! So, with that said...here are the first two items in my fantasy house. :)

For whatever reason I am a huge fan or dark furniture...and I really like wood. Probably something to do with the fact that I love the smell of the wood in a new house when daddy is building it. Anyway...I also love the furniture at place in Landrum mama and daddy got their table, corner cabinet, buffet, glider, and high chair. I will probably look there as well, but that will probably be out of my price range! :)

I am also a fan of higher tables...this table is at counter top height, so I love it, and it comes with 6 chairs and has internal leaf storage...also a plus!

Look for new additions as I have time to look for my fantasy furniture! :) Sometimes window shopping is the best thing you can do for yourself!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Hey Autumn! I am a HUGE fan of wood and dark stains, also. It's so warm and earthy. I think it makes a home feel comfortable.