About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

Frustrated Friday

Well, I went to the dentist yesterday...never a fun trip, but with a broken tooth it was a necessity. I was hopeful that I was only going to need a crown (as the part that broke was a filling I already had) and that it wouldn't cost me too much. So much for that! :( After my cleaning and several x-rays, the dentist determined that I need a root canal for that tooth, and then he will crown it, oh but wait, there is more...before he can crown it he will have to build up something to attach the crown to. Essentially because there will be so little tooth left he will put posts in and attach the crown to that. I have dental insurance, but I found out this morning just how bad it is...since I have only been with my company for a year (and you don't qualify for benefits for the first 6 months) I only have 10% major dental coverage, and they consider the crown and root canal to be major. What that basically means is I'm going to spend $1700 having my mouth fixed. Yeah for me!

I'm trying to be thankful that I have teeth in my mouth, and a job to pay these bills, but it's still disheartening when I've been trying so hard to get out of debt. I can be thankful that I will have enough money to pay for the root canal when I go next Thursday. After that my emergency fund, and both checking accounts will probably be wiped out, but thankfully I have a job that will produce income to replenish those, no matter how long it takes.

I also have other damage, but that is for a different day, and hopefully my insurance will cover more than 10%. Who knows, and if not I will handle that when the time comes.

I have two prayer requests, the first is that everything goes well on Thursday for my root canal (I wish the dentist would tell me I don't need it, he told my mom that when she was referred to him!), and the second is for my court date on Monday.

Some of you already know the whole situation with my former landlord, and I will spare the rest of you the details because it's a long story. Suffice it to say that when I moved out they did not return my security deposit, and I believe they owe it to me, so after lots of correspondence with them and reaching no resolution I filed a complaint with the magistrates court. My court date is Monday, and a judgement in my favor would certainly help pay for my dental bills!

I hope you all have a great weekend, and remember how blessed we all are. Even in times like these when it seems like nothing is going right, we still have so much more than so many others, and that is something to be thankful for! I am thankful for all of the blessings God has given me and my family, and I'm thankful that I have teeth, even though they aren't perfect!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Autumn, I know that must have been such a letdown. I've been in those unexpected financial situations myself, particularly before I got married, and it can really take the wind out of your sails! But you are 100% correct in trying to be thankful and remembering how blessed you are. Good for you. That can be hard to do sometimes.

Autumn said...

Thanks Mer...it really is hard! I know that it's just the devil trying to sabotage me, and I'm trying to remember that. I was doing so good with my get out of debt plan, and this really is a set back. Oh well, it will all work out.