About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

IKEA!

I have always heard that IKEA was a fun store, but for a long time the closest one was in ATL and that's a bit far for a day trip. I was really excited when a store opened in Charlotte, but I had still never made it up there to check it out in person. My curiosity was piqued when I found out a good portion of my furniture and accessories at our new place came from IKEA.

Then a little over a week ago I read this post recounting the visit a friend of mine took to IKEA, and I was done! No more waiting around. Last weekend was already too busy, so Mimi and I planned our trip for today. I arranged childcare so Alexa wouldn't have to suffer through the endless shopping I knew would take place. We left this morning around 9:45 and arrived at IKEA just before 11.

We got our map and went straight to work, and we were not disappointed. We got some great deals, including part of Alexa's birthday present which I am really excited about. I also got a few other things I've been wanting/needing for our house.

If you've never been to IKEA I highly recommend you make the trip. We were in the store for right at 3 hours, and it was well worth the time and effort. I can't wait to go back!

No comments: