About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Good Eats

No one has ever accused Alexa of being picky, but last night she definitely proved that she is a great eater. Earlier in the week I made plans to have dinner with a friend, and my original thought was that Alexa could spend the night with Mimi and Pop. Then Thursday night Mimi and I ended up going to the movies, so by Friday I felt like I hadn't seen her at all. Even though I brought her home on Thursday I didn't have any time to play with her before bedtime. So, instead of sending her off to Mimi's last night, I just took her with me. It was her first sushi experience, and she LOVED it!

How many almost 3 year old do you know (outside of Japan) who can effectively use chopsticks? She ate 2 pieces of the California roll I got...I was trying to keep her first experience simple, and while this isn't my fave roll, it's about as basic as it gets. The other roll I got had caviar on top, and she ate every single bit of that...I maybe had 1, but probably only b/c she didn't see me get it. We had a great time, and I think it is safe to say that Alexa is a sushi fan...can't wait to take her back for something a little more exotic!



Trying to get a bite with her chopsticks

Notice she didn't have any help, and they are not the kids chopsticks
held together with a rubber band!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Makes me smile - both from the fact that she liked the sushi (of course, what doesn't she like) and especially from using the chopsticks....makes me realize the need to work on my skills :)

jodi @ back40life said...

like mama, like girlie! love you both!

Mrs. Mullen said...

you see, now I remember why I didn't post a comment!! because I don't like the pictures...nope...not one bit! She lookes entirely too old for her britches...what happened to baby bean???? I guess she is kind of cute ;) okay...she is. I love that she is so smart and figured out how to use the chopsticks so quickly, but really....its Alexa, were you THAT surprised??