About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just when I thought we were safe...

Alexa has been at her current daycare for almost exactly a year, and we have never regretted our decision to move her. She is well loved, learning, and making great friends. I absolutely love her teachers, and the parents I have met. For the most part she has never had trouble going to daycare in the mornings...afterall, she has been in daycare since she was 6 weeks old, so it should be perfectly routine by now. On occassion we do run into bouts of separation anxiety. Trust me, there is nothing worse than leaving your baby crying as you walk away to go to work. Ok...so there definitely are worse things, but at that moment it doesn't feel like it.

That is my thing...I kiss and hug her goodbye, and I try to make it as painless as possible, but sometimes you just have to walk away. In the last couple we have gotten over our latest bout and I was only too glad to see it go. I'm sure you other mothers can relate!

I'm no fortune teller, but I can already see it returning. Last Thursday when I went to pick Alexa up, her teacher handed me a piece of paper that I knew was coming and very unsure of my feelings toward it. She prefaced it by saying...it's just about her moving up to her preschool class.

WHAT??!! My sweet little baby is moving up to preschool? How can this be? There is no way she is old enough for that...oh wait, she is almost 3. So, the week we come back from vacation Alexa will wave goodbye to Toddler A and say hello to Preschool A. We can't wait to meet her new teachers, and to reunite with some old friends who have already made this move. I know there are going to be some tense moments as we make this transition and I am sure we will have some unhappy mornings, but I know she is ready to head to preschool.

My baby isn't really a baby anymore! Lookout world, Alexa is headed to preschool!

No comments: