About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Super Saturday!

We had an awesome day today!! Nothing really special happened, but we just had a great day! We got up early this morning and ate breakfast while Pop was working on the house site. After breakfast we walked down to see his progress and Alexa went for a ride on the bobcat with him. She loved it! We walked down our new driveway, and we tried to get her to walk back up the road, but she would not have it. She rode back on the bobcat and then we came back up to the house.

Then we got ready to go to a baby shower for a good friend of mine. Unfortunately she started having complications yesterday and was put in the hospital. Please pray for her...the doctor told her she will probably have to stay inpatient until the baby is born, and they won't take her until 35 weeks. She is only 32 weeks now...so I know she is not looking forward to spending 3 weeks in the hospital. She also has a 3 year old, so I know that is stressful for her too.

After that we came home and ate some lunch, and then Mimi and Pop went to get Walker. He and Alexa are really starting to play together, and it's so cute! I am so excited to watch them grow up together, I just know they are going to be great friends. When they got back Pop went to cut the grass, and we headed to the grocery store. After that we came home to eat supper, and then played some more!

Mimi and I cleaned up a bit, and then we made cookies! Alexa wasn't crazy about her cookie, but Walk Walk ate his right up! They are both such sweet babies, now sleeping peacefully! I'm sure they will have a great day at church together tomorrow.

I can't wait to go to NewSpring tomorrow...it is always so challenging and inspiring, and who doesn't need some of that? I am officially finished with school for this semester and I need to get started thinking about this summer. I am so burnt out on school, but at the same time I am ready to finish this degree!

Here are a couple of pictures of Alexa from tonight...she was helping Mommy vacuum! :) What a sweetie pie!

She is such a big helper! :)


Mostly she just likes to turn it on and off...and then clap for herself!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend...I know we are enjoying this beautiful weather!

3 comments:

Inka said...

you´ve had such a nice weekend autumn. i wish every weekend were like that. :)
alexa looks so sweet helping you. i hope she does that when she´s bigger as well. ;)

Jodi said...

what a cutie pie - just love seeing these babies grow!

Mimi said...

MiMi hopes Alexa wants to keep helping when she gets older, too! She and Walker were both so cute Saturday night - it's great when we can get them some time together.