About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I LOVE three day weekends! There is nothing better than that...well, maybe a 4 day weekend, or working 4 tens every week. I worked over every day last week so I wouldn't have to use my PTO for Friday...so needless to say when Thursday afternoon rolled around I was ecstatic! Friday we started the day off down at the new house...Alexa and I mostly watched, while Mimi and Pop did all the work. We picked up a quick lunch at subway, and then got ready for our 4th get together.

We had the whole family over...minus Grandpa and Grace. They are in Florida for a few weeks and we sure do miss them! We had a great time in the pool while Pop was using his new grill, and then A&W played in the sand at their new table for a while. When the food was ready we all headed inside and had a great time visiting with everyone! As usual Alexa was a complete mess...she eats a lot! :)

Yesterday we worked a little more down at the house...Alexa and I mostly watched, but we did help a little, and she got on the bobcat with Pop while he did part of his work. She LOVES the bobcat...and any other piece of equipment she comes near! After that we headed to Spartanburg for a little shopping. I needed/need some different stuff to take on my trip next week...and I am running out of time. My main goal was shorts to wear on the beach in Panama City, and suitable bathing suits. I did buy two pairs of shorts, and one bathing suit, but I need a couple more so I'll have to keep looking this week.

I don't think I have mentioned on here that I'm going with the student ministry at NewSpring for their trip they call The Gauntlet. We are taking over 300 middle schoolers on the week I'm going, and it's going to be a BLAST! I can't wait to see what God is going to do in the lives of these students and everyone else involved. I am so blessed to be a part of this ministry. Also exciting upcoming event is the Greenville launch next week!!! YAHOO!!!! I am so excited to be a part of this as well. It is going to be AWESOME! Anyone is invited...our service times are 9:15 and 11:15 in Greenville, and our campus is off of 385 on Roper Mountain Road. Perry is starting a new series next week called "You asked for it"...it's where members wrote in questions and then we voted on which ones we wanted him to speak on. It's going to be awesome!

After shopping we came home and I made dinner. After dinner we headed out to the pool, but we only stayed for a minute because it started to thunder. I think Alexa was pretty disappointed, but we had fun inside nevertheless. Once inside it started to rain, and praise God for the rain, we desperately need it! We have had several showers yesterday and today, and we are so thankful for them. Today Alexa and I made our last trip to Anderson for Sunday worship, and I got to do check-in for the second service. I absolutely love volunteering at NewSpring, it is so fulfilling to know you are working where God wants you to be! For the rest of the day we have basically relaxed.

Here are a few pictures from this weekend.
Takin' a ride on her car!

Kickin' up their feet with some juice

Yummy watermelon!

Playin' in their new sand table


Alexa w/ her new swimmies on...LOL! She wanted to wear them

1 comment:

Jodi said...

so cute - loves those babies!