About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, July 21, 2008

The Gauntlet '08

What an amazing week! We left last Sunday night about 11:30 from NewSpring in Anderson, and arrived in Panama City about 8am eastern time. After stopping for breakfast, we hit the beach! The students played hard, and worshipped even harder. It was so awesome to watch them praising God! We had 4 days of the Gauntlet games, and in the end, the Red team pulled out the win. Both teams had a great time.

We had 50 students accept Jesus as their Savior, and Thursday morning we baptized 105 students and a few leaders on the beach. It was an amazing experience to say the least...there were people out on their balconies watching and worshipping along with us. After we finished the baptism, close to 400 students, and leaders stood on the beach and sang praises to God while the music resounded off the buildings. I am so thankful that I got to be a part of it!

I didn't take very many pictures because we were out on the beach most of the time, and I didn't want anything to happen to my camera...you know I haven't had the best camera luck lately! LOL!! All in all it was a great week, and everything was worth it to know that God's kingdom was increased. The high schoolers got to Panama City today, and I can't wait to hear the reports of what God is going to do this week! Please pray for all of the students and leaders who are down there this week. Satan certainly tried to attack last week, and I'm sure this week will be no different.

I really can't say enough about NewSpring and how impressed I am with the importance they put on children and student ministries! The last two Sundays at NewSpring Greenville, we have seen just how amazing God is. Opening Sunday we had over 1700 in attendance, and last Sunday we had over 1400. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us in the future, and when Florence opens this fall!

My girls...Jordan, Roni, Nellie, Brooklyn, Stacey, and Lindsay

I finally got them to smile!

Kylie and me

3 comments:

Haley said...

So glad you had a great time! It sounds awesome! And what a praise report you were able to return with!

Jodi said...

love it!

Kristen =) said...

you look so happy... great photos.