About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

All Good things must come to an End...

Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great sadness that I make this announcement. After much consideration and deliberation I have decided to change my sweet baby's daycare. As most of you know there is a great CDP where I work, and it comes highly recommended. I looked into it when I started in the business office, but because I was a contract employee it made it a little bit different. When I moved over to PBS I was no longer contract, so I put her on the waiting list. I found out a few months ago that they would have a place for her in August. This is truly bittersweet for all parties involved, except for the new daycare. I am sad because the ladies where she is now absolutely adore her, and she loves them as well. I know they are going to miss her, and she will miss them and the friends she has made there. However, there is no doubt in my mind that the teachers at the CDP will love her just as much.

I can't believe that she has been at her current daycare since she was 6 weeks old...that has led to some strong bonds. They know her so well, and they love her!

Today it all became much more real. I emailed the director of the toddler program yesterday to find out her start date, and she called me today to let me know she can start much sooner than expected. I was suddenly in a panic...how could I tear my sweet baby away from the women who have cared for her basically from birth and love her so much. After lots of consideration and talking it over with those around me. I have decided it is the best decision.

She will now be literally down the hall from my office, and I will be able to go see her during the day. It will also mean I am closer should anything go wrong and I need to get her. We will save lots of time and gas because her current daycare is about 15 minutes out of our way on each trip. Clearly that is a big plus. I am excited for her to make new friends, and for her to take advantage of some of the extras the CDP offers.

All in all I think it's going to be a great move, it will just take some time to get used to. Everything changes...nothing stays the same!

4 comments:

Haley said...

That is great that she is so close to you now! I know you must be so relieved for that.

Dawn said...

I'm sure it was a tough decision, but I know it's going to be great to have her close :)

Jodi said...

good for you for making the tough decisions!

Meredith said...

I'm sure that's tough, but the good thing about little ones is that they are SO resilient and make friends so easily. Alexa is a ham and will have them all eating out of her hand in no time. :)
It's awesome that you will be so close!