About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Changing My Name

**UPDATE**
If you are interested in the new URL for my blog please email me and I will send you the link when I change it. Originally I thought I could check for availability, but it doesn't appear that's the case! alchristopher(a)srhs(dot)com

Some months ago I put a site meter on my blog, just to see how many people visit my site. Then I realized that site meter has other features, like the "by referral" feature. This shows you how people found your site or blog. I found some interesting and potentially disturbing things when I started looking at my site meter.

Clearly I should've googled my child's name before I named her. As a result there are people viewing my blog and pictures of my daughter that might not be quite wholesome. So, after careful consideration I have decided to change the name of my blog, and the blog address. I do not know what I am changing it to yet, but I will post it when I know and then I will wait approximately a week or so before I make the change.

I don't want to delete my blog because I think it's a great way for people we don't get to see often to keep up with our lives, but I also don't want anyone looking at Alexa's pictures with anything other than pure thoughts and motives. So, please check back in a few days to see what name I have chosen.

5 comments:

The Dales said...

Good choice I think, there are some crazy people out there that makes us innocent people have to be extra careful when it comes to our sweet, precious children.

Mimi said...

Sorry to have to see you change it but think it's definitely the right thing to do. We can't be too careful with our sweet, precious babies! They are certainly gifts from God!!

Meredith said...

I totally understand, Autumn. Even though I don't have kids yet, I went through the same thing when I realized my students had found my blog. It's just a personal line I didn't want them crossing. And I also started thinking, "What happens when we do have children? Then what?" So I applaud your decision.

Brenda said...

That does sound kinda creepy.

Jodi said...

okey dokey - i've been a busy bee tonight....