About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A New Day

Do you ever have one of "those" days...a day when nothing seems to go right? I had one of those days this week. Tuesday it was super cold, and when I got to work there was ice behind my car. I saw it...and somehow still managed to fall. While I was holding Alexa no less! We both hit the ground, and I had a less than shining mother moment. Neither of us got hurt, but it did scare us. Alexa more than me because she saw me get upset...but I was scared I had hurt her. Now, this was at 8am...fast forward to 6pm when we were walking out with my boss. My car key is missing. WHAT??!! That's right, it must have fallen out of my pocket when we fell. No idea how that happened. I was so stressed...we looked everywhere, searched my car, came back inside and searched my desk. I was just about to call Pop when I had the idea to look on the receptionist's desk in another area, and sure enough there it was.

When I (finally) got home I was just glad the day was over. Then I realized the difference...there was a time (not too long ago) that falling on the ice would've totally ruined my day, but it didn't. Jesus is doing such a work in me (there's still lots to work on) and my attitude is beginning to change. I was so excited.

Ok now, have you ever had one of those days where you are just in a great mood, and can't stop smiling for no reason at all? Well today is that for me. I am in a great mood simply because I am alive and God is good. There's really nothing more to it. I'm still at work, we were almost late (as usual) and I didn't win the lottery (because I didn't buy a ticket LOL!) it's just a good day. I am learning more and more that there are going to be bad days...and maybe even bad weeks, but ultimately God is in control and He is taking care of me. I need to let others see Jesus shine through me every day, even when I'm not having a great day.

Thank you Jesus for not giving up on me! I can't wait to see what You are going to do next :)

4 comments:

Mrs. Mullen said...

Glad you didn't let a little slip derail your day :-) Give bean bean hugs for me!!

Jodi said...

killer! so proud of you and super glad neither of you got hurt!

Mimi said...

Isn't it good that God doesn't give up on us - thank you Jesus! Love you!

Jackie said...

You made me cry!