About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

New Digs

I just felt it was time for a change, and since it's autumn I thought this was PERFECT!

Can I just take a minute to say that God is SO SO SO good! I know that most of you already know that, and for those of you who don't, I would HIGHLY recommend checking into it. As we embark on the holiday season that is upcoming, I challenge all of you to examine your life and remind yourself of the things that are most precious to you. As you are thinking over these things, realize that God is ultimately the giver of everything we have. I am so thankful for everything He has given me!

With as busy as our lives are, and everything else wrapped up in the holidays I think we sometimes forget what it is really all about. I don't want to be guilty of that, and most of all I don't want to set that example for Alexa. I want her to always know what is important.

As I finish up my semester, and look into the new year, there are several things I am excited about. In 2 weekends I am headed to the beach with 3 great ladies...and I am SUPER excited about it! Lindsey and I have been friends since the sandbox, and as a result our moms are also close. Since we are all super busy these days, we don't get to hang out much...Linds your location certainly isn't helping this at all! :) So, in an effort to spend some time with just the girls, we planned a girls' weekend and we are all really looking forward to it. Great friends, great times, and great shopping in one of my favorite places...Charleston!

Shortly after that it will be time for my second fave holiday, Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for my family, and this is a time when our whole family comes together to celebrate and be thankful for all that God has done for us. I have the most amazing family, and I don't know what I would do without them. I really don't know how people function without a strong family behind them.

And just around the corner after that is Christmas! Which is my favorite holiday because it's the time when we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior. What could be better than that? We have really enjoyed the last 2 Christmas' with the babies, but this one is certainly going to be the best yet. Alexa is really starting to understand everything, and this year she will know what Christmas is all about! We have already talked about cutting a tree special for her room. She really liked the idea! I think we are also going to decorate a tree in the yard with popcorn and other things for the birds. She is also going to help me pick out gifts from the World Vision gift catalogue for our family members who don't really "need" anything. Not that any of us need anything! World Vision is a great way to give gifts for those on your list that have it all, they will be blessed knowing that their Christmas gift benefitted someone else, and someone much less fortunate will receive something that will change their life. It has been a favorite way to give for our family for years!

Then the new year will be here! I can't believe this year has flown by so fast. This time last year I was planning a trip to Hawaii. I feel like I just got back, and yet it's been almost a year!

Well, time to get back to my holiday planning, they are certainly sneaking up rather quickly! Do you have yours planned? What are your favorite holiday planning tips? I would love to hear them. I would also love to hear your favorite family traditions. We have already established a few since Alexa was born, but I am always looking for fun new things to try! Can't wait to hear what you have to say!!

No comments: