About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A New Road

Ready for school
     Last Tuesday marked the beginning of a new era at our house, the school age, and I don't think any of us could've been more excited.  The night before was spent prepping lunch, painting a sign, and discussing all the fun to be had the next day.  It is hard for me to imagine how quickly these past 6 years have gone, and that my little girl is actually in kindergarten.  On her first day Adam and I took her to school and waited (what seemed like forever) for them to open the doors.  We dropped her off with her teacher and went on with life as usual.  I have to imagine Adam's day felt immensely different as he was able to work distraction free without Alexa interruptions.  I know there are moms who dread this day, but when I look at that sweet face I don't see how that would've been possible for me!  She was obviously beyond excited to go to kindergarten, and only slightly agitated that I would not let her ride the bus.
     I am so pleased at the things she learns each day and she more than willing to share them with us when she gets home.  The expressions on her face show her love of learning.  Something I hope will continue to grow.  So begins the chronicle of this journey we call school, I can't wait to look back in a few years and see how her interests have changed or how she is unwaivered in her determination to be a "baby doctor".

No comments: