About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

The End...

Today marks the end of an era for me...or I guess actually that would be last Monday and today I start a new one. For the past 2.5 years I have been part of an amazing home group that meets on Monday nights. This is where my walk with Jesus has grown, and it is where I have met 3 of the BEST friends I will ever have. Jesus brought me into this group at a time in my life when I needed nothing more than solid Christian friendships. It wasn't necessarily what I was seeking, but HE always knows exactly what we need, even when we don't!

Over the past 2.5 years lots has changed in my life...I now have a 4.5yr old instead of a 2yr old, and every day I see just how much I have to learn from her. She is growing by leaps and bounds, and forming a personality that is super sweet (most days). I also recently bought a house, which was a major transition for us because we went from living a few hundred feet from my parents to 25 minutes away. And, let's not forget that almost 11 months ago I started dating an amazing man who loves Alexa and me in ways I never thought possible. OK, my faith was lacking in that department.

Yes, 2.5 years can change a lot, and today is probably one of the hardest changes I've ever made. I sit here writing this blog when I am normally sitting in a circle of friends learning, dicussing, and sharing Jesus. I never thought I would see the day when God called me to leave my home group, but at this point in my life my main priority weighs 40lbs and is sleeping in a room across the house. My growth mentally, spiritually, and emotionally with this group was more than I could ever ask for...but now it is time to focus on her.

I miss my girls, and tonight is only my first Monday away from them. I know they miss me too. Change isn't easy, but it is the right thing to do, and I know I am going to see some amazing change and growth in my sweet little girl because I was obedient to Jesus. I hope one day I'll be able to reconnect with a group, be it the girls I've been meeting with or another, but until then I will make the best use of this time and pour out HIS love on her. Thank you Jesus for giving me this opportunity to show your love to the most important person in my life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice....