About Me

My photo
Wife to Adam, mommy to Alexa & Adlee Grace, Christ follower, owner at NewSpring Church, lover of Clemson football, and all things monogrammed. Looking for ways to simplify, serve, and teach my girls what life is all about.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Obedience

One of the lessons God has been teaching me lately is that being a parent is one of the greatest blessings in life, and He has shown me so many things through Alexa. One of the biggest struggles for me is trying to be both love and discipline for her. As a single mom, it makes it that much harder. I want Alexa to always know that I love her, but at the same time that I am serious when I tell her to do something.

The same thing is true with God, He loves us so much, but He also expects us to obey. When I tell Alexa to do something I expect her to do it immediately, not whenever she feels like it. The point is, delayed obedience is disobedience. Most of us don't want to admit this is true of our own lives, but we can plainly see it in our children. If I want Alexa to obey me immediately, I have to model that for her. Am I listening when God speaks?

Sometimes I ask Alexa if she is listening to mommy, and I have to wonder how often God asks me that. I am so glad He isn't finished with me yet!

No comments: